Skip to main content

Chicken Noodle Soup

It's officially fall, which means...

It is SOUP season! I found a decent recipe for classic homemade chicken noodle soup and I was fairly please with it. I spiced it up a bit and added some extra garlic and onion powder and added some dried oregano or dried rosemary with a bowl if I was feeling it. Great for those chilly fall days or for anytime you're feeling under the weather! This made about 8 servings, which was dinner for over a week for me!

Here's the recipe:
- 2 tbsp. butter (I used salted because I was using low-sodium chicken broth)
- 1 cup of onion, diced (If you're like me and have an aversion to the texture of cooked onions, you could sub this for a couple of big tablespoons of onion powder)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup of celery, diced
- 1 cup of carrot, diced
- 1/2 lb. cooked chicken, shredded (A rotisserie chicken works great for this - I believe I used the whole chicken!)
- 7 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cups of egg noodles (you could always add more if you love starches like me)
- 1 tsp. salt 
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 dried bay leaves

Here's how to make it:
1. Melt butter in a large pot/Dutch oven and add onions and garlic. Cook until onions begin to soften.
2. Add the celery, carrots, and cooked chicken.
3. Add the broth, egg noodles, salt, pepper, and bay leaves.
4. Bring contents to a boil, then let simmer while covered for 20 minutes.
5. Remove bay leaves from soup and ENJOY!

Here is the link to the Tasty website where you can watch the video of this recipe being made:
https://tasty.co/recipe/chicken-noodle-soup

Bon Appetit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Show Preview

The 2018 Network TV Season Is Upon Us!!! I am SO excited that America's favorite TV shows are back along with some promising new shows premiering. I wanted to take the liberty to let y'all know the shows I usually watch and which new ones I am going to try to get into this year and a bit of preview on what happened the first week. I'll try not to give out too many spoilers, but I can't promise anything! First up on my list of shows I'm watching this fall is The Resident on Fox. Basically, Logan from Gilmore Girls plays a smoking hot medical resident with a major badass attitude at a reputable hospital in Atlanta, GA. I watched it last season mainly because I knew one of my favorite actresses from CSI:NY had signed on as a main cast member and I had to see what that was all about. Long story short, it was actually a pretty good first season and I'm excited to see what the new season brings. As I write this, I have just watched the first two episodes of sea

Busy, Busy, Busy

Whew! It has been a CRAZY past couple of weeks, which is why I haven't written in so long. Work has definitely picked up in the last 2 weeks with every fall season sport arriving on campus and beginning their preseason camps. Luckily, tennis was one of the last teams to show up, but in the time it took for their arrival day to come, I was slammed with admin projects and asked to cover a bunch of other sports last minute. While I was grateful for the opportunity to be busy, I can't help but notice how exhausted I was!  I was asked to cover football practice twice for one of my bosses, which was actually a lot more fun and rewarding than I ever expected. I worked together with one of my other GAs who has worked football for the last year and it was really nice to work with him and lean on him for support at the times when I was clueless (i.e. when I had no clue how to supervise both of my position groups on the field when they were SO spread out!). The players, to my surpr

Cinnamon Banana Pancakes

Cinnamon Banana Pancakes This recipe is SUPER easy and so yummy! I was skeptical at first because there is no flour in the recipe and I thought the pancakes would be nearly impossible to flip. However, I was wrong! The egg is a great binder for the recipe and I thought the pancakes were very easy to flip and transfer to a plate. This recipe yields ~10 pancakes, but you can always make the pancakes smaller in an effort to get more pancakes out of it. Ingredients 1 banana 2 eggs ¼ tsp. Cinnamon Directions In a bowl, mash the banana with a fork Add eggs and cinnamon; mix until combined Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add ~¼ cup of batter and cook for 3-4 minutes, then flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Serve w/maple syrup, honey, of any other fixings you like to put on pancakes! (I love fresh fruit and a handful of chocolate chips!) Here is the link to the website & video where I originally learned how to make it: https://tasty.co/reci